Buy Lumen (Stellar) (XLM)
Stellar wants to solve the same problem as Ripple - fast and cheap international money transfers. It's a worldwide network of servers and a software solution for international transfers of 'real' currencies ('fiat'), based on blockchain. And it is open-source.
Price chart Lumen (Stellar) (XLM)
4.44 mld. USD
Represents currency's strength and success.
Stellar wants to solve the same problem as Ripple - fast and cheap international money transfers. It is a worldwide network of servers and a software solution for international payment system for transfers of 'real' currencies ('fiat'), based on blockchain. And it is open-source.
Unlike Ripple, which is a one company's product and which is also run by this one company, the whole Stellar solution is open-source, it does not belong to any company and the software code belongs to the community, i.e. de-facto to everybody. These qualities give Stellar a big advantage over Ripple, as open-source solutions, open to anyone to check on them or improve them, often win over closed-source proprietary solutions - as history has shown us.
Stellar originally emerged as a fork from Ripple, which was later modified heavily (mainly, a completely different algorithm for consensus is used). The network as such was launched (and its development is still sheltered) by eponymous foundation in 2015.
Connecting to the worldwide network and using the software is free for any payment gateway provider. The actual usage of the system is however not free - every transaction is charged by a (minimalist, symbolic) fee - to avoid spammers. For the purpose of these transaction fees, the so called Lumens (XLM) are used. Lumens are the actual virtual currency, the coins, that can be traded even for the purpose of investments. The transaction costs in Stellar network - as opposed to for example Bitcoin - are not paid to 'miners', but are redistributed over the network to the connected nodes.
So what you actually buy here in our e-shop, are the Lumens - the tokens, powering the Stellar network.
At the end of 2017, Stellar has started partnership with IBM.
submit your order
- choose the amount to buy
- enter your wallet's address, or let us create one for you
- no registration required
new customers are sometimes asked to provide IDs for the sake of security (KYC & AML)
check your balance
- you receive payment instructions by e-mail
- in case you use our wallet:
- you receive "ownership certificate"
- you can immediately check your balance directly on blockchain
- your cryptocurrency arrives until 24 hours (mostly within a couple of hours)
- after we receive your payment you will receive your "private key", which "unlocks" your wallet and lets you make transfers
- after you download your key, the wallet is fully under your control and is deleted from our system
- if you used your own wallet, the cryptocurrency is transferred right after we receive your payment